My Pocket Doctor is a 60-minute Audio Book based on a National Health Award winning Diabetes Journal. This teaching tool is perfect for people that are newly diagnosed with Type I, or Type 2 Diabetes.
Because My Pocket Doctor is an audio CD, you can "listen and learn" whenever you want to. Listen to it in your car, home, at work, or while you walk. You can even use your favorite media software to convert, and load it into your MP3 player
You will hear information on diabetes and how to live a happy healthy life even though you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
What Will I Learn?
You'll learn what diabetes is, about blood glucose testing, new medications, about insulin, what to do in an emergency, complications, about travel, and exercise, smoking and alcohol, your ABC's, the Diabetic Food Plan, Carbs, and the Glycemic Index, and about associations you can become involved in and resources that are available for you, and more!
- What is Diabetes?
- Knowing Your ABC's of Diabetes Management
- The Diabetic Food Plan
- Dining Out, Counting Carbs, and the Glycemic Index
- Cautionary Advise on Smoking and Alcohol.
- What to Do in an Emergency
- Travel Guidelines
- New Medications
- Insulin Facts
- Keeping a Blood Glucose Log
- People with Diabetes Who Have Made a Difference
- Web and Association Resources & More